IBM Notes And Domino 9 – A Social Experience
In today’s world networks are more than just connecting computers and smart devices. As a result of evolution of social networking technologies and Web 2.0, attention has focused on networks of people. Organizations’ tactics, operations and processes mixed with social collaboration capabilities.
Organizations use collaboration tools to their customers, partners or employees, seeking to improve efficiency, solve problems, create opportunities, increase productivity, look for innovation and unity. Organizations as a result of these technologies become more competitive and successful.
Since the beginning, IBM Lotus Domino developed the idea of teamwork and enterprise collaboration market. Lotus Development 303-129-101b Corporation launched IBM Domino in 1989. Since then, IBM Lotus has been a market leader in electronic messaging services and business applications.
On a social and mobile work environment, oriented to cloud computing, IBM launched the Domino 9 Social Edition. This version promises that organization will move into a social experience-mail, and set up an effective workforce.
IBM Notes and Domino integrate enterprise messaging, social collaboration and applications. They offer social skills, improving decision-making and productivity.
This platform consist of several components:
- IBM Notes: Includes either the rich client, the Web-based client, or the mobile email client (Notes Traveler).
- IBM Domino server: application server platform that supports data replication to other servers and offline clients access.
- IBM Domino Administration Client: Customer administration Domino platform.
- IBM Domino Designer: Environment to create client-server applications that run within Notes.
- Browser plug-in: It allows you to run Domino applications in a browser without changes.
- IBM Enterprise Integrator for Domino: A data access tool that enables synchronization and data transfer between IBM Domino and external systems compatible with Domino platform.
In this Social Edition, we can highlight the following features:
- A fresh user interface for both clients, rich and web-based client. It provides the ability to execute actions from other applications.
- The set of functionalities offered by the Notes and web-based client are more aligned. It offers a rich and modern user experience through rich client, the browser or a full range of mobile devices or tablets.
- Provides increased productivity by eliminating the need to switch between applications.
- Improved Single sign-on based on Security Assertion Markup Language. This is a standard for implementations of single sign-on, which allows integrating the Active Directory and Notes environment at authentication level.
- The Notes client now offers more options for integration. Now you can act on the information without leaving Notes or web-based client. Provides modern social collaboration capabilities in context, and an integrated social experience.
- The IBM Notes Browser plugin for the browser. Now the browser can act as a Notes client, allowing open Domino databases. It provides easy access to Social applications from the browser.
- The software integrates with IBM Connections 4. You can use the Files and Profiles applications across all clients, browsers and mobile devices.